Welcome to Friction Fix !
Have you just broken in your climbing shoes to a glove-like fit only to find they have lost their sole? No worries – now you can have the best of both worlds – comfy shoes that still edge on a dime but also smear like a dream.
Send your shoes to the Friction Fix where experienced climbers will resole your babies into climbing machines once again. With eighteen years of resoling under our belts and our work field tested by yours truly, you can count on an exceptional quality, high performance climbing shoe resole.
Unless you’re made of money, you will be quite disappointed when your shoes inevitably wear out after only a few months. “What?”, you might say, “I shelled out 135 bucks for those like… like… yesterday!” Well, welcome to the cold hard truth of the climber’s reality! Due to the softness of sticky rubber (God’s gift to man), and the abrasiveness of rock or plastic, climbing shoes wear out quickly! But wait, there’s good news! Only the rubber wears out while the rest of the shoe is generally unscathed, albeit stinky. Send your smelly shoes to us, don’t worry, our sense of smell is dulled; we will repair the soles, and voila!-you have a new pair of shoes for only 30-50 dollars! Plus you don’t have any uncomfortable break-in time. In fact, many climbers actually prefer climbing on resoled shoes over brand-new shoes!
The Babkirks have been climbing for twenty years and have been resoling shoes for eighteen. We have perfected our work because we climb on our resoles and want the best shoe performance possible. And we treat your shoes as if they were our own!
Most shoes can be resoled 2-4 times. Slippers seem to fall apart or stretch out more quickly, whereas boot-like shoes last forever. But most importantly – if your shoes are fitting you well and the uppers are in decent shape, we can resole them.
Do Your Climbing Shoes Need Resoled?
Please use our PDF order form and mail it in!
After printing, follow these steps.
1. Enter your contact information
2. List the shoes you are sending, including approach shoes. Please add up the totals in the right hand column.
3. Choose return shipping based on the amount of shoes you are sending in. If more than 5 please send us an email or call. Add that subtotal to the right hand column. If you want to pick your shoes up at Waterstone Outdoors at the New River Gorge, then return shipping is not required. Please enter “N/A” into the shipping subtotal.
4. Write a check or money order to “The Friction Fix” and include along with this form when you drop off or send in your shoes.
5. You have three choices to get shoes to us: USPS, a third party carrier, or drop off. Please choose one of the options from the form.